Environmental policy is included in the NEK’s business and operation. By adopting this policy we commit ourselves to environment-related laws, regulations and standards as the environment- and nature-friendly company.
- Maintain and amend ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System, and strive to continuously improve it;
- Observe the environment-related laws, standards and requirements we have adopted;
- Focus on the reduction and control of radioactive waste, emissions into the air, releases of contaminates into surface water and soil. We will exert control over spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste during the plant operation and maintenance;
- Provide for a separate collection of all types of waste to be picked up by registered waste carriers;
- Monitor and independently measure environmental effects and inform the public on the results;
- Train the plant employees and contractors on environmental protection;
- Enter environment-related improvements into annual goals, plans, modifications and the CAP;
- Familiarise natural and legal persons working for NEK with environmental policy and enable the interested public the insight into this policy;
- Substantially reduce the plant operational risks by integrated upgrade to safety systems in compliance with the nuclear legislation of the Republic of Slovenia.